Call Waiting is an alert in the form of an alert beep that notifies you of an incoming call when you are already on the phone.
For quick reference, use the following checklist to use the Call Waiting feature. For more guidance, follow the detailed step-by-step instructions.
What you need to know before you start
- Call Waiting is available on a subscription basis only. To subscribe to this service visit My Account.
Follow these easy steps
Using Call Waiting
- Press the Link or Flash button on your phone to answer a waiting call.
Note: If you do not have these buttons, press the switch-hook (the switch that is used to hang up the telephone at the end of the call).
- Briefly press the Link or Flash button again, or switch-hook, to return to the original call.
- To alternate between callers, briefly press the Link or Flash button or switch-hook again.
- To end the first call before answering the second, hang-up. The telephone will then ring with the second call.
Call Waiting Beeps: Local and Long Distance
- If your incoming call is local, you will hear one soft beep every ten seconds until you answer or the caller hangs up.
- If the incoming call is long distance, you will hear a triple beep.
Disable Call Waiting Temporarily
If you are making an outbound call and you do not wish to be interrupted by a Call Waiting beep:
- Press *70 to disable Call Waiting beeps.
- Listen for a tone confirming the signals have been turned off.
- Dial the phone number of the individual you wish to contact.
- Incoming callers will now be routed to your Bell Aliant voicemail, if you subscribe to it. Otherwise incoming callers, will hear a busy signal. Call Waiting will be automatically turned back on once your call is finished.
If you receive an incoming call where you do not wish to be interrupted by a Call Waiting beep:
- Press the Link, Flash or switch-hook on the phone. This puts your current party on hold.
- Dial *70. Listen for a tone confirming the signals have been turned off.
- Other incoming callers will now be routed to Voicemail, if you subscribe to it. To subscribe to this service visit My Account.
- If you do not have the Voicemail service, incoming callers will hear a busy signal.
- Call Waiting beep notifications will be automatically turned back on once your call is finished.