Step 1: Why link Google with your Fibe TV Box?
- Enjoy thousands of apps directly from your TV – no additional equipment required.
- Download apps from the thousands available on the Google Play Store, including games, podcasts, music and fitness apps.
- Control Fibe TV with your voice using Google Assistant.
- You can change channels, open your favourite apps, pause or rewind live TV and much more, all with your voice.
- Press the Google Assistant button on your remote and say a command.
- Search for content easily.
- It’s easy to find your favourite content. With just the tap of a button, you can search all platforms at once, such as live TV, apps, On Demand or Pay-per-view content.
- Press the Google Assistant button on your remote and say the program you are looking for.
Step 2: Connecting to your Google account
Signing in to your Google account on your Fibe TV Box will give you:
- Access to the Google Play Store, where you can choose from thousands of apps to download
- More personalized search results
- Full access to Google Assistant so you can use the voice control features on your remote
To sign in to your Google account at any time:
- Press the Home button on your Fibe TV Voice Remote and select Settings.
- Scroll to the Device section and select Settings.
- Select Accounts & Sign-In, then select Sign In.
- Enter the email and password associated with your Google account.
Step 3: Using Google Assistant voice controls
Google Assistant is a key feature of your Fibe TV Box, giving you a quick way to navigate and to search for programs on all platforms at once, such as live TV, apps, On Demand or Pay-per-view content.
To use Google Assistant:
- Press the Google Assistant button on the remote. This will pause TV playback, and a Try Saying… bar will pop up at the bottom of the screen with suggestions.
- Speak through the microphone on the remote. You don’t have to say “Hey Google,” and the Google Assistant will understand terms such as: Watch, Play, Tune to, Switch to, Search for, Show me. See more Google Assistant commands.
Note: Google Assistant will use the language you’ve set in your account (currently only English and French are supported). If you want to give Google Assistant commands in both English and French, you can add a language in your Google account.