What you need before you start
- Shut down any programs that you currently have open. This will help to ensure that nothing conflicts with the spyware scan.
- We recommend that while the spyware scan is running, you do not perform any other functions on the computer.
Follow these easy steps
- Open Internet Security Services
- Click Anti-Spyware. If Internet Security Services is password protected, enter the password and click OK.
- Click Scan Now
- Performing a scan is simple.
- We recommend to always scan the Local Disk (C:) place a check beside it, all items in your main C Drive will be scanned.
- You can place a check beside Floppy Drive (A:) if you have a floppy disk in the drive that you wish to scan.
- You can place a check beside any additional Drives that appear.
- Please note that above the "Scan Now" button, you will notice the When spyware is found... drop-down list. We recommend that this be set to Quarantine. This means that if Security Services encounters a spyware, it will safely remove it.
- Click Scan Now when you are ready to perform your virus scan.
- Please be patient as the scan runs. Depending on the amount and type of data on your system, the length of time required for a scan to complete can vary
- Once the scan is finished, a summary pop-up window will appear. Click Close to return to the 'Scan Now' window.
- Click File then Hide to close Bell Aliant Security Services (but keep it active).