What you need before you start
- Your Security Services password. If you do not know your Bell Aliant Security Services password, contact us.
Follow these easy steps
- Open Internet Security Services.
- Click Personal Firewall. If Bell Aliant Security Services is password protected, enter the password and click OK.
- Click Internet Access Rules
- Within the Internet Access Rules window, you will see all programs for which Personal Firewall has set rules. There are 3 possible rules a program can have:
- Allow (green check mark symbol): An application has full access to the Internet
- Block (red X symbol): An application has no access to the Internet
- Ask Before (question mark symbol): The next time the Internet application is launched, an 'Allow' or 'Block' prompt will appear
- To change a program's access rule, you can click the desired symbol beside the application.
- Click File then Hide to close Internet Security Services (but keep it active).