*69 Last Call Return gives you the telephone number of the last person who called you, whether you answered or not.
What you need to know before you start
- Last Call Return is available on a subscription basis. To subscribe, contact us.
- This information applies to Residential and Single Line Business customers. If you are a Business customer who dials 9 to reach an outside line, the following steps may not apply. Contact us for assistance.
Follow these easy steps
- Lift the receiver and press *69. The telephone number of the last call received will be announced and you have the option of returning the call. To return the call press 1.
Cancelling a *69 request
- Press *89 to cancel a *69 request already initiated. Charges still apply on cancelled Last Call Return requests made in a pay-per-use basis.
If *69 does not work:
- You may have your touch tone phone set to pulse. Your phone must be set to touch tone for Last Call Return to work. Not hearing any beeps when dialing out is a sign that it might be set to pulse. Switching between touch tone and pulse depends on the model of your phone. Check your User Manual to be sure.
- It is not available on all numbers. It may be a non-published number or the caller blocked their number before calling you.
- If you are still experiencing difficulty with Last Call Return, contact us.
If the call was obscene or distressing in nature, you can use *57, Call Trace. There is a fee for this service and it should only be used if you are intending to take legal action against the caller.
Visit the For Your Home section of www.bellaliant.net for accurate pricing information.