If you'd like to send and receive Bell Aliant email using the Outlook 2002 or 2003 email program, we can help you set it up. You simply need to add our email settings into your email program.
For quick reference, use the following checklist to configure Outlook 2002 or 2003 for the first time. For more guidance, follow the detailed step-by-step instructions.
What you need before you start
- An installed copy of Outlook 2002 or 2003.
- Your Bell Aliant email address and password.
In order to setup your email program on your computer or mobile device, you will need the following email settings.
Note: If you are have your own custom domain, you will need to use different settings for your custom domain (usually pop.customdomain.com or smtp.customdomain.com)
Incoming mail settings:
POP: pop.bellaliant.com Port: 110 Authentication: Username and password
IMAP: imap.bellaliant.com Port: 143 Authentication: Username (full email address) and password
Outgoing mail settings:
Note: Effective July 29th, Bell Aliant has enabled SMTP Authentication to allow for your mobile devices to send email regardless of where you are located without the need to change your settings each time you travel.
Port: 2225 Authentication Username and password
- Launch Outlook, Click Next, Select Yes, Click Next
- Enter the Server Types information
- Enter the Internet Email Settings, Click Finish
Follow these easy steps
- Launch Outlook 2002 or 2003 program.
- Click Next.
- Select Yes.
- Click Next.
- Within the Server Types screen Select POP3.
- Enter the following Internet Email Settings information and then click Next:
- Your Name: Enter your name
- Email Address: Enter your Bell Aliant email address
- Incoming mail server: pop.bellaliant.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtpa.bellaliant.net
- User Name: Enter your email address
- Password: Enter your password
- Check Remember password
- Click More Settings.
- Click Outgoing Server tab
- Check My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Select the Log on using radio button and enter your username and password .
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Make sure the Incoming server (POP3) is set to 110.
- Make sure the Outgoing server (SMTP) is set to 2225.
- Click OK.
- On the Email Accounts screen, click Next.
- Click Finish.