Graphical symbols and supplemental warning markings are located on the back and bottom of the terminal.
WarningTo reduce the risk of fire or shock, do not expose this appliance to rain or moisture.
The lightning flash with arrowhead symbol within an equilateral triangle is intended to alert the user to the presence of uninsulated dangerous voltage within the product’s enclosure that may be of sufficient magnitude to constitute a risk of electric shock to persons.
The exclamation point within an equilateral triangle is intended to alert the user to the presence of important operating and maintenance (servicing) instructions in the literature accompanying the appliance.
Product identification and supply rating are provided on the label found on the bottom of the unit.
Important Safety Instructions
- Read these instructions.
- Keep these instructions.
- Heed all warnings.
- Follow all instructions.
- Do not use this apparatus near water.
- Clean only with a dry cloth.
- Do not block any ventilation openings. Install according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not install near any heat sources, such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding type plug. A polarized plug has two blades with one wider than the other. A grounding type plug has two blades, and a third grounding prong. The wide blade or the third prong is provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched, particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as the power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
Follow these important safety guidelines when positioning and connecting your TV receiver:
- Do not block the slots and openings.
- Do not place anything on top of the TV receiver.
- Do not position the TV receiver in an enclosed space that would restrict airflow around the unit.
- Do not position the TV receiver near any external heat source that could raise the temperature around the unit. Do not place the terminal on top of another heat-producing electronic device.
- Allow for adequate ventilation around the TV receiver to maintain normal operating temperature. Do not place it in a sealed enclosure without providing adequate airflow.
- Use only the power adapter and cord originally supplied with the TV receiver.
- Do not plug the AC power cord into a switched power outlet.
- Do not vertically position any FibreOP TV receiver.
- A coaxial cable screen shield needs to be connected to the earth at the building entrance per ANSI/NFPA 70, the National Electrical Code (NEC), in particular Section 820.93, Grounding of Outer Conductive Shield of a Coaxial Cable.
WARNING: To prevent fire or shock hazard, do not expose this product to rain or moisture. The unit must not be exposed to dripping or splashing. Do not place objects filled with liquids, such as vases, on the unit.
CAUTION: This product was qualified under test conditions that included the use of the supplied cables between systems components. To ensure regulatory and safety compliance, use only the provided power and interface cables and install them properly.
CAUTION: Different types of cord sets may be used for connections to the main supply circuit. Use only a main line cord that complies with all applicable product safety requirements of the country of use.
CAUTION: Installation of this product must be in accordance with national wiring codes and conform to local regulations.
CAUTION: Do not open the unit. Do not perform any servicing other than that contained in the installation and troubleshooting instructions. Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel.
CAUTION: Changes and modifications not expressly approved by Motorola for compliance could void user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Save these instructions
When you see this symbol on a Motorola product, do not dispose of the product with residential or commercial waste.
Recycling your Motorola Equipment
Please do not dispose of this product with your residential or commercial waste. Some countries or regions, such as the European Union, have set up systems to collect and recycle electrical and electronic waste items. Contact your local authorities for information about practices established for your region. If collection systems are not available, call Motorola Customer Service for assistance.
The TV receiver and power supply conform to RoHS directive 2002/95/EC.