For quick reference, use the following checklist to configure Windows Mail for the first time. For more guidance, follow the detailed step-by-step instructions.
What you need before you start
- An installed copy of Windows Live Mail.
- Your Bell Aliant email address and password.
In order to setup your email program on your computer or mobile device, you will need the following email settings.
Note: If you are have your own custom domain, you will need to use different settings for your custom domain (usually pop.customdomain.com or smtp.customdomain.com)
Incoming mail settings:
POP: pop.bellaliant.com Port: 110 Authentication: Username and password
IMAP: imap.bellaliant.com Port: 143 Authentication: Username (full email address) and password
Outgoing mail settings:
Note: Effective July 29th, Bell Aliant has enabled SMTP Authentication to allow for your mobile devices to send email regardless of where you are located without the need to change your settings each time you travel.
Port: 2225 Authentication Username and password
- Launch Windows Live Mail
- Enter your name, email address and personal information
- Enter the mail server information
- Finish setup
Follow these easy steps
- Launch the Windows Live Mail program. You will be required to enter the following information to Add an Email Account:
- Email Address: Enter your Bell Aliant email address.
- Password: Enter your Bell Aliant email password.
- Place a check mark in the box beside Remember password if you want Windows Live Mail to save your password.
- Display Name: Enter the name you want to display on emails. For example, your first and last name.
- Place a check mark in the box beside Manually configure server settings for email account.
- Click Next.
- You will be required to enter the following information:
- The incoming email server type should be set as POP3
- Incoming Server: pop.bellaliant.com Use the default port number (110).
- Login ID: Enter your email address.
- Outgoing Server: smtpa.bellaliant.net. Enter 2225 for port number.
- Place checkmark on My outgoing server requires authentication.
- Click Next.