Setting up your wireless network is easy. Simply watch our instructional video or follow our detailed step-by-step.
Set up Wi-Fi on your 2Wire 3800 modem
- From a computer already connected to your network, open up your browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox or Safari).
- Type 192.168.2.1 and hit Enter.
- If prompted, enter your username and password.
- Click Wireless
- Under the Wireless Internet section, make sure that Enable Wireless Interface is checked.
- If you'd like to change the network name (SSID) click the text field next to Network Name (SSID) and make the desired changed. The SSID by default is "BELLALIANT" followed by the last 3 digits of the serial number found on the sticker on the modem (ie BELLALIANT743).
- Make sure that SSID Broadcast is enabled. If the checkbox is not checked, click it.
- Make sure the checkmark beside Wireless security is checked. If not, click it.
- To set the network password, you can either use the default encryption key (found on the sticker on your modem) or you can set a custom key. To set a custom key, click Set custom encryption key then enter the desired password.
- Click Save.
- If prompted, enter the modem admin utility password. If you don't know the password, click on I forgot password and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Once you've entered your password, click Submit.