Setting up your wireless network is easy. Simply watch our instructional video or follow our detailed step-by-step.
Set up Wi-Fi on the Speedstream 6520 modem:
- From a computer already connected to your network, open up your browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox or Safari).
- Type 192.168.2.1 and hit Enter.
- If prompted, enter your username and password.
- Click the Advanced icon.
- Click the Home Network icon.
- Click Advanced settings.
- Click Configure the Local Home Networking modem wireless network.
- Click Yes – Enable wireless now and then click Next.
- Enter a name for your Network beside the SSID field. Write this down as you will require it when you set up your computer or device to connect to the wireless network.
- Leave the Channel and Encryption level set to their default settings.
- Make sure Enable SSID Broadcast is enabled. If it is not, click it.
- Click Next.
- Make sure Authentication is set to Open System (default). If not, click it.
- Your network password can be found in the field labeled 128 Bit key. Write this down as you will require it when you set up your computer or device to connect to the wireless network.
- Click Finish.
- On the Your settings have been saved screen, click Finish.