You can change the network name and password for your wi-fi extender to make it easier to identify which connection is being used by your devices. For help in making these changes, simply follow the steps below.
What you need before you start
- A computer already connected to your network.
- Your modem's admin utility username and password. If you do not remember your username or password, click on the Forgot your password link on the login page (http://192.168.2.1).
Follow these easy steps
- On a computer already connected to your network, open up your web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome)
- Type 192.168.2.1 in the address bar and hit Enter. This will bring you to the modem's admin utility.
- The modem's admin utility appears. Enter your username and password and click Login. If you do not remember your username or password, click Forgot your password and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Click the Status icon.
- Click the LAN status link (left hand side).
- Scroll down to the LAN devices.
- In Hostname column, look for the device that begins with WECB to find your wi-fi extender .
- Once you locate the hostname for your wi-fi extender, write down it's IP address shown in the IP address column.
- Type the IP address of your wi-fi extender in your web browser and hit Enter.
- When prompted, enter the username and password for your wi-fi extender. The username and password can be located on a sticker on your wi-fi extender.
- Once logged in click the Wireless Setup icon.
- Click on Basic Setup.
- To rename both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies on the extender, select Both.
- In the Wireless Band sections, enter a new Wireless Network Name (SSID) and Password Phrase (if desired).
Click Apply to save any changes.