If you suspect an email is fraudulent or comes from someone you do not know:
- Do not open the email or attachment.
- Do not give any personal or financial information, such as email or online banking username & password.
- Be aware of the customer communication policies of companies you do business with. Know what they will request by email if anything.
- Do not click on any link provided in the email. Contact the person or company by telephone, if possible, to confirm the email is safe. If it is impossible to call the person or company, do not reply to the email.
- Delete the email message from your Inbox and your Trash folder.
- Make sure your anti-virus software is up to date.
- We also recommend using Bell Aliant Webmail to check your emails before downloading them to your computer.
For more information on how to deal with these threats and how to report them, visit www.bellaliant.net/abuse.