How will I know if there has been a loss of internet service
What happens with the system:
- Alarms will sound, but only in the home. There will be no communication to the central monitoring station.
- Bell Aliant recommends adding cellular backup for additional protection.
- Previously set automations will still work (ie doors will still lock, lights will still come on, etc.)
- Previously recorded video will be still available in portal and on apps, but no new video/images will be captured during the outage.
- No new automations can be programmed, video recorded or alerts set during an internet outage.
What to do during the outage:
- You can acknowledge the alarm notification by pressing *2 on the keypad
- The beeping will stop, unless a new alarm event or condition happens
- The troubles will clear once the next successful test call is made to the central monitoring station
- No action required once this occurs
- Call Bell Aliant to report your problems with internet and/or phone service