How will I know if there has been a loss of phone service
What happens with the system:
- Alarms will sound, but only in the home. There will be no communication to the central monitoring station.
- Bell Aliant recommends adding cellular backup for additional protection. If this is in place, the system will work as per usual
- Automations and alerts will continue to work as long as you have working internet service.
What to do during the outage:
- Acknowledge the keypad notification by pressing *2 and scrolling through the notifications
- The beeping will stop, unless a new alarm event or condition happens
- The troubles will clear once the next successful test call is made to the central monitoring station
- No additional action is required once this occurs
- Call Bell Aliant to advise of your phone outage