For guidance, follow the detailed step-by-step instructions.
What you need before you start
- You need a Bell Aliant email address and password. If you do not have a Bell Aliant email address, you can add one by following our Add an email address support article
Note: If you do not know your email address or password, you can change or reset the password using My Account
- In order to setup your email program on your computer or mobile device, you will need the following email settings:
In order to setup your email program on your computer or mobile device, you will need the following email settings:
Incoming mail settings
IMAP: imap.bellaliant.net Port: 143 Authentication: Username (full email address) and password
Outgoing mail settings
Note: If you are attempting to access your email while over Bell Mobility's Network, you need to use Bell's outgoing mailserver (mail.1xbell.ca)
Port: You can keep your program set to the default ports. Authentication None - Leave blank
Follow these easy steps
- Launch the Outlook 2013.
- In the Microsoft Outlook 2013 Startup Wizard, click Next. (If the wizard does not open, click File and then Add Account. Click Yes and then Next.)
- Click Manual Setup or additional server types.
- Click Next.
- Click Pop or IMAP and click Next.
- Under User information enter the following:
- Your name: The name you want to display on your outgoing emails.
- Email address: Your Bell Aliant email address (example firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Account type: Select IMAP
- Incoming mail server: Enter imap.bellaliant.net (Note, this setting is good for all Bell Aliant email addresses including nbnet, sympatico, warp)
- Outgoing mail server: Enter smtp.bellaliant.net (Note, this setting is good for all Bell Aliant email addresses including nbnet, sympatico, warp)
- User Name: Enter your Bell Aliant email address
- Password: Enter your Bell Aliant email password. Click remember password to save your email password.
- Click More Settings.
- Enter the following information:
- Incoming server (IMAP) : 143
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 25
- Click OK.
- Click Next.
- Outlook 2013 will test your account setup.
- On the Congratulations!All test completed successfully screen, click Close.
- On the You're all set screen, click Finish.
You have successfully configured Outlook 2013 for the first time!