- Your Fibe services will be interrupted during this process including your Home Phone, Internet, Television and NextGen Home Security.
- Your kit has 3 manuals - one for each type of battery unit model. Please read the applicable manual before beginning installation.
- The installation will take approximately 15 minutes.
- High energy through conductive materials could cause severe burns. Do not lay any type of metal object on or across the battery terminals as this will short the battery. Before replacing batteries: remove conductive jewelry such as chains, wrist watches, and rings.
- Keep batteries out of reach of children.
- Danger of explosion if battery is incorrectly connected or replaced.
- Wear protective clothing and eye protection when working with batteries.
- Do not open or mutilate batteries. Released material is harmful to the skin and eyes. It may be toxic.
- Always carry a water supply to wash eyes and/or skin if exposed to battery electrolyte.
- Never use tools with non-insulated handles or other conductive materials when working with batteries.
- Batteries produce explosive gases. Keep all open flames and sparks away from batteries.
- Never smoke in the vicinity of a battery.
- Do not use a battery showing signs of cracking, leaking, or swelling.
- If any battery emission contacts the skin, immediately and thoroughly wash with water. Neutralize any spilled battery emission with a solution of one pound Bicarbonate of soda to one gallon of water. Seek medical attention if necessary.
- Do not dispose of batteries in a fire. The batteries may explode.
- Only use the replacement battery provided by Bell Aliant.
Remove the old battery
- Your Fibe battery is located close to where Fibe comes into your home and is usually in the basement or garage. Once you have found the battery, unplug the power supply.
- Open the battery unit by pressing the latch
- Remove the battery, being careful not to damage the wires between the battery and the compartment.
Install the new battery
- Before you begin, make sure you examine, the new battery carefully and inspect for any cracking, leaking or swelling. If you do see any evidence of damage, do no use the battery and contact Bell Aliant right away.
- Pick up the new battery and remove the protection cap by sliding it off the red positive terminal. The protection cap on the black terminal is permanent and should not be removed. This permanent protection cap prevents the possibility of creating a short circuit between the battery poles.
- Connect the black wire clip in the battery unit to the negative black terminal of the new battery. Be careful to ensure you connect the correct wire to the correct terminal of the battery. There is a danger of explosion if the battery is incorrectly connected.
- Connect the red wire clip in the battery unit to the positive red terminal of the new battery.
- Insert your new battery into the battery compartment and close the latch, ensuring the wires are clear and not pinched by the door before closing.
- For safety, place the protection cap that was removed from the new battery, on the old battery now. This will prevent the possibility of creating a short circuit between the battery poles. Extra protection caps are provided in your kit should you need them. Please ensure there are protection caps on both poles before shipping the battery back to Bell Aliant.
- Plug in the same power supply that you unplugged in Step 1. Once the battery has been successfully replaced, the low battery/replace battery indicator will turn off.
Return your old battery
- Place the old battery in the box you received with your new battery.
- Attach the return label provided.
- Take the return kit to your nearest Canada Post outlet.
Note: It is important the battery is returned so that we can properly recycle it.