It may appear that the scan is freezing (locking up), but depending amount of drives, the amount, and type of data on each drive, the length of time required to complete a scan can vary (at least 15-30 minutes).
Follow these easy steps
- Ensure that the computer meets the minimum system requirements for Security Services
- Restart the computer.
- Open Internet Security Services
- Click General. If Internet Security Services is password protected, enter the password and click OK.
- Click Updates
- Click Check for Updates under both sections, Program Updates and Definition File Updates
- Click File then Hide to close Bell Aliant Security Services (but keep it active).