What is the Fibe TV app on Android TV and what do I need to use it?
The Fibe TV app is available for certain Android TV devices, giving you access to your favourite Fibe TV content. The following Android TV devices are supported:
- Sony Android TV
- nVIDIA Shield
- Xiaomi Mi Box
- Fibe TV service with a PVR
- An Android TV device. Learn more
- My Account registration. Not registered for My Account? Learn how
- Internet speed of 15 Mbps or higher is recommended
- Google Play account Set one up
You can watch live Fibe TV content on an Android TV device only from your home. If you try to watch live Fibe TV content when away from home, you will get an error message even if you’re logged in to My Account on the Android TV device.
Setting up an Android TV device and the Fibe TV app for the first time
Step 1 - Setting up an Android TV device
If you haven’t already set up your Android TV device, follow the manufacturer instructions on how to complete the installation.
Make sure you’re connected to the home Wi-Fi of your unlimited Bell Internet service.
Step 2 - Installing the Fibe TV app on your Android TV device
- Using your Android TV remote, navigate to the Google Play Store.
- Search for the “Fibe TV App” and then select Install.
- The Fibe TV app will now appear on the home screen of your Android TV device, under the My Apps section. Launch it.
- Sign in using your My Account username and password. Not registered for My Account? Learn how
Troubleshooting the Fibe TV app on an Android TV device
The steps below can help you when you experience the following issues :
- Cannot watch live content
- App is frozen or not working
Steps to follow:
- First, ensure that your Android TV device is connected to your Wi-Fi and that your Wi-Fi is working. If you are experiencing issues with Wi-Fi, restart your modem to see if it resolves the issue.
- If the issue persists, then restart your Android TV device.
Internet speeds of 15 Mbps or higher is recommended
For issues with your Android TV device, check out the support sites below: