What is the Fibe TV app on Apple TV and what do I need to use it?
The Fibe TV app is available for Apple TV, giving you access to your favourite Fibe TV content.
- Fibe TV service with a PVR or Satellite TV service.
- 4th generation Apple TV or newer. Ensure your Apple TV software is up to date. Learn how
- My Account registration. Not registered for My Account? Learn how
- Internet speed of 15 Mbps or higher is recommended
- iTunes account. Set one up
- HDMI cable (not included).
If you try to watch live Bell TV content when away from home, you will get an error message, even if you’re logged in to My Account on the Apple TV. You can watch on-demand content and PVR recordings (where available) on TV devices with any Internet connection.
Setting up Apple TV and the Fibe TV app for the first time
Step 1 - Setting up Apple TV
If you haven’t already set up your Apple TV, follow the instructions on how to complete the installation.
Ensure your Apple TV software is up to date. Learn how
Step 2 - Installing the Fibe TV app on your Apple TV
- Using your Apple TV remote, navigate to the App Store.
- Search for the "Fibe TV app" and then select Install (on 4th generation Apple TV or higher).
- The Fibe TV app will now appear on the home screen of your Apple TV. Launch it.
- Sign in using your My Account username and password. Not registered for My Account? Learn how
Information for customers who ordered Apple TV from Bell
If you ordered Apple TV from Bell, you should receive it within 3 to 5 business days from the date of order. You’ll find the tracking number on the shipping notification email for your order.
Replacement and return policy
The product must be returned to the original point of sale or an Apple store (for replacement only) within 15 calendar days from when it was received.
If you purchased the product on bell.ca or over the phone, use the return label included in the package. If you need a new label, please call 1 866 262-6674, Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (ET).
If requesting a replacement, try the troubleshooting procedures from Apple to confirm that your unit is defective.
Troubleshooting the Fibe TV app on Apple TV
The steps below can help you when you experience the following issues :
- Cannot watch live content
- App is frozen or not working
Steps to follow:
- First, ensure that your Apple TV is connected to your Bell Aliant Wi-Fi and that your Wi-Fi is working. If you are experiencing issues with Wi-Fi, restart your modem to see if it resolves the issue.
- If the issue persists, then close the app completely by double clicking the TV icon on your remote and swiping your finger up on the remote’s touchpad.
- If the issue still persists, then restart your Apple TV.
Apple TV support from Apple
For issues with your Apple TV system, check out the Apple support site.