What is the Fibe TV app on the Amazon Fire TV Stick Basic Edition and what do I need to use it?
The Fibe TV app is available for the Amazon Fire TV Stick Basic Edition, giving you access to your favourite Fibe TV content.
- Fibe TV service with a PVR.
- The Amazon Fire TV Stick Basic Edition. Get it
- My Account registration. Not registered for My Account? Learn how
- Internet speed of 15 Mbps or higher is recommended.
- Amazon account. Set one up
If you try to watch live Bell TV content when away from home, you will get an error message, even if you’re logged in to My Account on the Fire TV Stick Basic Edition. You can watch on-demand content and PVR recordings (where available) on TV devices with any Internet connection.
Setting up the Amazon Fire TV Stick Basic Edition and the Fibe TV app for the first time
Step 1 - Setting up the Amazon Fire TV Stick Basic Edition
If you haven’t already set up your Fire TV Stick Basic Edition, follow the instructions on how to complete the installation.
Make sure you’re connected to the home Wi-Fi of your unlimited Bell Internet service.
Step 2 - Installing the Fibe TV app on your Amazon Fire TV Stick Basic Edition
- Using your Fire TV Stick remote, navigate to the Categories section.
- Select the Entertainment category.
- Scroll down and select the Fibe TV app. Select Get to download the app.
- The Fibe TV app will now appear on the home screen of your Fire TV Stick, under the My Apps section. Launch it.
- Sign in using your My Account username and password. Not registered for My Account? Learn how
Troubleshooting the Fibe TV app on the Amazon Fire TV Stick Basic Edition
The steps below can help you when you experience the following issues :
- Cannot watch live content
- App is frozen or not working
Steps to follow:
- First, ensure that your Fire TV Stick is connected to your Bell Aliant Wi-Fi and that your Wi-Fi is working. If you are experiencing issues with Wi-Fi, restart your modem to see if it resolves the issue.
- If the issue persists, restart your Fire TV Stick.
Fire TV Stick Basic Edition support from Amazon
For issues with your Fire TV Stick Basic Edition, check out the Amazon support site.