As of June 1, 2021, Bell no longer offers the Home Hub 3000 backup battery for purchase.
To maintain phone service during power outages, you need an uninterrupted power supply (UPS) to power your Home Hub 3000. You can purchase one from various retailers that sell electronics and related devices.
Other modems: Learn more about battery backup options for your modem.
Uninterrupted power supply (UPS) FAQ
What is an uninterrupted power supply (UPS)?
A UPS, also known as a battery backup, provides electricity when your regular power source fails. When the electricity goes out, devices plugged into the UPS (modem, computers, TV, etc.) will be powered by its battery.
What kind of UPS do I need to power my modem?
To power your modem, a UPS should meet these requirements:
- Rated for a capacity of at least 300 volt-amperes (VA)
- Must support three-prong power plugs (National Electrical Manufacturers Association NEMA 5-15P)
Also, opt for a UPS that meets your capacity and runtime needs. A variety of UPS units are available and a sales representative can help make a recommendation.
How long will a UPS power my service?
The length of time (also referred to as runtime) depends on various factors such as:
- How many devices you have connected to the UPS.
- The type of devices you are powering during a power outage.
- The make and model of your UPS. See its manufacturer for details
How can I optimize the length of time my Internet service will be operational during an outage?
We recommend connecting only your Bell modem to the UPS. Contact the manufacturer for other ways to optimize your UPS.
How do I install my UPS?
Follow the manufacturer's installation instructions and connect your Home Hub 3000 into it.
Install your battery
To install your Home Hub 3000 battery:
- On the bottom of your modem, slide the lever on the battery compartment to open the door.
- If there is a battery installed, remove it by pulling on its plastic tab.
- Insert the new battery and close the door.
If you are experiencing issues with your battery, please call 1 888 214-7896 for assistance.
Batteries purchased after July 16, 2017 come with a one-year limited warranty.
If you purchased your battery after July 16, 2017, please visit the Call2recycle website to find a drop-off location that will accept your battery.
If your battery was provided by Bell Aliant on or before July 16, 2017, please call contact us to request a recovery kit.
You can return your unused battery for a refund within 30 days from the date of purchase. Please contact us for details.