SPAM messages are unsolicited or malicious messages sent to you. Sometimes legitimate emails are mistakenly identified as unsolicited or malicious messages and blocked.
To report SPAM:
Reporting SPAM via your email client
In reports of false negatives, a review is required to determine why it was overlooked. To report cases of false negative (SPAM), please follow the steps below:
- Get a copy of the full header
- Open the fraudulent email
- Paste the full header at the top of the email
- In the subject heading, enter "FN Report Bell Aliant" followed by today's date. For example: FN Report Bell Aliant Mon, 31 May 2010
- Forward the email to [email protected]
Reporting a legitimate email blocked as SPAM via your email client
In cases where legitimate business or personal emails have not been delivered to you because they have been wrongly categorized as SPAM, the sender of the message should resend their original messages to [email protected]. Make sure to include the email addresses of both the sender and the recipient.
Reporting SPAM using Bell Aliant Webmail
If you use Bell Aliant Webmail to check your email:
- Log into Bell Aliant Webmail
- Select the fraudulent email
- Click on Report as Spam button
- The message is automatically forwarded with all the correct details and deleted from your mailbox.
- This will send an alert to the SPAM abuse centre for investigation.
- Never respond to SPAM. In most cases, responding to a SPAM message will cause more SPAM to come.