What you need before you start
- Your Bell Aliant e-mail address and password. If you do not know your Bell Aliant e-mail address or password, contact us.
- Travelling outside North America: If you’re having trouble sending or receiving emails with your phone, tablet or email software, log in to webmail instead.
Follow these easy steps
- Verify that you can connect to the Internet and that the mail server was not temporarily unavailable, by browsing to a few websites (www.cbc.ca, www.tsn.ca, etc).
- Check that your email is set up correctly
- Log in to http://webmail.bellaliant.net to ensure you are using the proper e-mail address and password.
- Send an e-mail to yourself to determine whether the issue you are experiencing is with an individual e-mail or with the configuration of your e-mail software. If you receive the test email, the configuration is correct.
- Check if the recipient is having technical difficulties on their end, such as a full mailbox. Read the automatic reply that gets returned for a specific error message.
- Be sure to verify the integrity of the e-mail address of the individual you are sending to, including spelling and proper syntax (example - [email protected]).
- Verify that you have a valid e-mail address entered for the reply-to or e-mail address field in your e-mail software.
- Reboot your computer and try to send/receive e-mail again.