What do I need to get started?
The YouTube app is only available for the 4K Whole Home PVR.
How do I access YouTube?
Press APPS on your remote to bring up the App Launcher. Scroll to the right until you see the YouTube icon and press SELECT.
Do I need to sign up for YouTube?
You’re free to watch YouTube videos as a guest.
If you have a Google account, you can sign it to have access to your YouTube playlists, channel subscriptions, etc.
To sign into your Google profile
Step 1: Find the activation code and sign in
- Navigate to the Sign in screen in the YouTube app
- You’ll be prompted to visit the site youtube.com/activate with a computer or mobile device.
- Sign in to the site when prompted. If you have multiple Google accounts, please select the account you use with YouTube. If you're already signed in, skip to the steps below.
Step 2: Select your channel (if applicable)
After signing in, you may be presented with a list of Google identities associated with your account. This list includes:
- Your account's personal identity. If you have a Google+ profile, it's your name; otherwise, it's your email address.
- Any Google+ pages managed by your account. Be sure to select one that’s linked to a YouTube channel.
- All your Google+ pages show up, even if they’re not linked to a YouTube channel. If you select one that doesn't have a YouTube channel, you won't be able to sign in.
Step 3: Complete the activation process
- The YouTube app will display a code on your TV. Enter it into the browser of your computer or mobile device.
- Select Allow in the browser.
- The YouTube app on your TV will log in automatically. Please wait.
To check, navigate to the left menu on the YouTube app and you’ll see your selected Google identity.
To sign out of your YouTube profile
- Select Settings in the left-hand side menu.
- Select SIGN OUT and confirm you want to sign out of current YouTube profile.
You will be signed out of your profile but still able to use YouTube as a guest.
Learn more about how to sign in to your profile
How much does YouTube cost?
YouTube is available free of charge. Bell does not charge additional fees to access YouTube.
How do I exit the YouTube app?
There are multiple ways for you to exit the YouTube app:
- Press and hold (2 secs) the BACK/EXIT button on the Fibe TV remote to exit the app.
- Press the GUIDE button to exit the app and display the guide.
- Press the MENU button to exit the app and launch the Fibe TV menu.
How do I enable parental controls?
Parental controls for the YouTube app are separate from those you set on Fibe TV. To enable the restricted mode for YouTube:
- Select SETTINGS option found in the left menu.
- Enable Restricted mode.
Learn more about the restricted mode from the YouTube Help centre
How do I set my language preferences?
Language preferences on the YouTube app match language preference set on Fibe TV.
If you experience issues such as flickering (a flashing black screen), please try unplugging the HDMI cable between the 4K PVR and your TV and then plugging it back in.Loss of HDMI signalIf you experience a loss of HDMI signal (e.g. no picture, or a black screen that says to connect your HDMI input), please try the following:
- Unplug the HDMI cable between the 4K PVR and your TV and plug it back in.
- If the issue is not resolved, unplug the power cord of your 4K PVR and plug it back in after 5 seconds.