Follow these easy steps help you to set up the Bell Aliant Dial-up service on your Windows 7 computer.
What you need before you start
- A telephone modem installed and working. If you are not sure if your computer or laptop has a telephone modem installed, consult the documentation provided by the manufacturer or contact the manufacturer directly.
- Your Bell Aliant username and password. If you do not know your Bell Aliant username or password, contact us at 1-800-425-4268.
- The local dial up number. Please note the number as you will need to use it later.
Follow these easy steps
- Click the Windows Logo.
- Click Control Panel
- Click Network & Internet
- Click Network & Sharing Center
- Click Setup a new connection or network
- Click Set up a dial-up connection. If you receive a screen that indicates that Windows could not detect a dial-up modem, you MUST get the modem properly installed by a computer technician, as Bell Aliant does not support the installations of Dial-up modems. You can continue to set up the connection by selecting Set up a connection anyway.
- Enter in the following:
- Dial-up phone Number
- User name: Enter your complete e-mail address
- Password: Enter your password
- To save your password check Remember this password
- Connection Name: Enter in Bell Aliant Dial-up
- Click Connect
- Click Skip. If you do not press skip, the computer will attempt to connect via Dial-up.
- Click Close