Professional installation by our Fibe-certified technician
- You can book a convenient appointment
- Our friendly and professional technician will:
- Call ahead to confirm your appointment
- Discuss your service needs before they begin
- Check that everything is working, on completion
- Introduce you to your new equipment
Step 1: Arranging the installation is easy
You book a convenient appointment time and we call to confirm it.
When you schedule your installation:
- We will set up two appointments:
- A site visit to conduct a pre-survey
- Your installation visit
- During the pre-survey our technician will:
- Need access to your communication or electrical room
- Assess the work and equipment required to complete your installation
- Identify work that you may need to complete before your installation date
- Confirm your installation date
On the day of your scheduled installation:
- We will call ahead to confirm your appointment date, time and duration. Most appointments take about 3 hours.
- You or another adult will need to be present throughout.
What you'll need:
- To ensure that an adult is present for the duration of the appointment
- To have a power bar available
- To have uncluttered access to your computer(s) and TV(s)
- If you lease, to have permission from your lessor for the technician to drill holes and run wires
Step 2: Bringing Fibe into your business
We discuss where Fibe can be brought into your business and where you want to locate your equipment.
Before your appointment date, a technician will bring a fibre-optic cable from a telephone pole to your business.
On arrival for your appointment, our technician will:
- Review your order with you
- Complete a survey of your business to discuss:
- Where we can drill a small hole to bring the Fibe cable in through an outside wall. In most cases, this will be in the same place that your phone and electrical services enter the building and we carefully weather-seal the work area.
- The location of your new equipment
- Where your TVs and computers are
Step 3: Connecting your equipment
Our technician connects Fibe to the equipment in your business.
To make sure that you get the most out of your own fibre-optic connection, our technician will:
- Check the quality of your in-business wiring and make upgrades if required. In some cases, we may use wireless equipment.
- Connect the fibre-optic cable to a small terminal inside your business
- Connect receivers to your TVs, using an HDMI cable when possible
- Determine the best location to install your Whole Business PVR, if required
- Connect 1 wired and 1 wireless computer to Fibe Internet, if required
Step 4: Peace of mind
Our technician cleans up and introduces you to your new equipment.
Our technician will :
- Clean work areas and return them to their original state
- Review a welcome pack with you to make sure you understand how to use your new service(s)
- Check that the work is completed to your satisfaction