The Busy Call Return (*66) calling feature lets you know when a busy line is free.
For quick reference, use the following checklist to use the Busy Call Return calling feature. For more guidance, follow the detailed step-by-step instructions.
What you need before you start
- Busy Call Return is available on a pay-per-use basis or as a subscription along with *69 Last Call Return. To subscribe to this service visit My Account.
- This information applies to Residential and Single Line Business customers. If you are a Business customer who dials 9 to reach an outside line, the following steps may not apply.
Follow these easy steps
Using Busy Call Return (*66)
- When you call a number and the line is busy, hang up the receiver.
- Pick up the receiver again and press *66.
- You will hear a recorded message confirming that the line is busy, and Busy Call Return will alert you when the line is free.
- Hang up the phone again.
- The line will be monitored for thirty minutes. A special ring will let you know when the busy line is free.
- Once you hear the ring, lift the receiver and the call will be made automatically.
Cancelling Busy Call Return
- Lift the receiver and press *86.
Note: Charges still apply on cancelled Busy Call Return requests made on a pay-per-use basis.
To subscribe to this service visit My Account.
Additional Information about Busy Call Return
- You can still make and receive calls while waiting for the Busy Call Return signal.
- You can have more than one Busy Call Return active at a time. Busy Call Return will signal you as the called parties become available. You will not know the number of the call being returned unless you subscribe to Call Display.