The administrator password is required when accessing the Home Hub 3000 modem's settings. By default, the password is set to "admin" but you can set your own password for increased security.
To change the administrator password:
- Open a web browser.
- Type http://home (or 192.168.2.1) in the address bar and then press Enter on your keyboard to access your modem's settings.
- Click on Modem preferences.
- Enter your administrator password. Unless you have changed it, the default password is "admin".
- Type the current admin password in the Current password field.
- Type a new password in the New password field.
- Type the new password once more in the Confirm password field.
- Click Save to confirm the changes.