A stuttered dial tone and a blinking or solid message light are indicators that you have a message waiting to be retrieved from the Voicemail system. If you are experiencing issues with these indicators or you wish to change your waiting indicators settings, use this list of commonly asked questions.
For quick reference, use the following checklist to change the setting for your Voicemail Message Waiting Indictors. For more guidance, follow the detailed step-by-step instructions to turn off Message Waiting Notification.
What you need before you start
- Your Voicemail password.
- Not receiving any message waiting notification.
- Turn off Message Waiting Notification temporarily.
- Turn off Message Waiting Notification permanently.
Follow these easy steps
Not receiving any message waiting notification
- If you are not receiving any message waiting notification, check if you have Message Waiting Notification turned off under Personal Options.
- To do this, access your voicemail.
- From the Main Menu choose 4 for Personal Options.
- Choose 1 to turn Message Notification on or off.
- A prompt informs you if Message Waiting Indicators are on or off. If turned off, you will have an option to turn these indicators back on.
Turn off Message Waiting Notification temporarily
- If you know you have a message waiting, but do not wish to retrieve it immediately, you can turn off Message Waiting Indicators.
- Press *93 to turn off the flashing light and stuttered dial tone until another message is received in your mailbox.
If you wish to turn it off until for a set period of time, follow the steps outlined above. When ready to turn notification back on, repeat the same steps as above.
Turn off Message Waiting Notification permanently
- If you do not wish to receive any message waiting indicators, follow the steps outlined in above to have Message Notification turned off. This will turn off the stuttered dial tone and flashing light until you these settings have been changed back to have Message Notification turned on.
If the information contained above does not solve your issue with Message Waiting Indicators, contact us.