How do I get the fastest speeds?
To take full advantage of the speeds that Gigabit Fibe and Gigabit Fibe 1.5 offer, you also need to take into account the network and devices within your home.
To get the fastest speeds:
- Connect your computer directly to your modem with an Ethernet cable.
- You’ll also need a recent computer. See recommended system requirements.
What speeds can my modem deliver
The Fibe AC modem uses 802.11ac technology, which lets you access the fastest Wi-Fi speeds available. The manufacturer’s specifications indicate that the modem can provide over 940 mbps in optimal conditions. The actual speeds experienced vary. Due to current device limitations, actual experienced speeds are up to 600 Mbps.
Last updated: 9/24/2015
How do I get the most speed out of my Wi-Fi?
Many factors can influence Wi-Fi speeds.
Our R3000 modem, with 802.11ac technology, performs better than modems with older wireless technology.
To get the fastest Wi-Fi speeds:
- Keep your equipment, software and browser updated with the latest versions.
- Turn off Internet-connected devices that you’re not using (such as game consoles) to let the devices you are using access faster Wi Fi speeds.
- Use your device close to the modem, with few/ no physical obstructions between the modem and your device.
Note: Websites may:
- Limit the speed at which you can navigate them
- Slow down when being used by many people the same time
How to troubleshoot my speed
Your Internet speed can vary based on many factors such as the servers you are connecting with, the performance of your computer and how many devices are sharing your connection in your home. For help, visit our Troubleshoot slow speeds and connection issues article.