You can set up password recovery on your Home Hub 3000 modem. Once set up, simply press the password recovery button on the modem and it will email you your administrator password as well as your Wi-Fi information (network names and passwords).
To set up password recovery:
- Open a web browser.
- Type http://home (or 192.168.2.1) in the address bar and then press Enter on your keyboard to access your modem's settings.
- Click on Modem preferences.
- Enter the administrator password. Unless you have changed it, the default password is "admin".
- Under Password recovery, turn on By email or text message.
- In the Contact information section, enter your email address.
- Confirm your email address.
- Optionally, you can also enter your mobile number to receive a text message.
- Click the Save button.