Follow these easy steps help you to set up the Bell Aliant Dial-up service on your MAC OS 10.5.x / 10.6.x computer.
What you need before you start
- A telephone modem installed and working. If you are not sure if your computer or laptop has a telephone modem installed, consult the documentation provided by the manufacturer or contact the manufacturer directly.
- Your Bell Aliant username and password. If you don't know your Bell Aliant username or password, you can contact us for help.
- The local dial up number. Please note the number as you will need to use it later.
Follow these easy steps
- At the desktop click the Apple icon, then System Preferences
- Click Network
- Click External Modem or Internal Modem on the left side menu.
- Enter Telephone Number, Account, and Password:
- In the Telephone Number field, type the local dial up phone number
- In the Account Name field, type your Bell Aliant username
- In the Password field, type the password for the Bell Aliant username you specified
- Click Apply to save the settings.