Follow these easy steps help you to set up the Bell Aliant Dial-up service on your Windows Vista computer.
What you need before you start
- A telephone modem installed and working. If you are not sure if your computer or laptop has a telephone modem installed, consult the documentation provided by the manufacturer or contact the manufacturer directly.
- Your Bell Aliant username and password. If you don't know your Bell Aliant username or password, you can contact us at 1-800-425-4268.
- The local dial-up number. Please note the number as you will need to use it later.
Follow these easy steps
- Click Start
- Access the Control Panel (Click Start, then select the Control Panel, or Click Start - Settings - Control Panel)
- Switch to Classic View, if not already done, by clicking the Classic View selection on the left side of the screen
- Double click Network and Sharing Center
- Click Set up a connection or network
- Select Set up a dial-up connection then click Next
- Enter the following:
- Dial-up Phone Number
- User name: [use your full e-mail address]
- Password: [enter in your password]
Note: If you wish to save your password, put a check in the "Remember this password" box
- Connection name: Enter Bell Aliant Dial-up
- Click on Connect
Note: Once you click the Connect button the computer will attempt to make the connection. If you are unable to connect to the Internet at this time, click SKIP, then Set up the connection manually, then Close