Performing a speed test from your Home Hub 3000 modem is the most accurate way to measure the Internet speeds Bell Aliant is delivering to your home.
To test your speed:
- Open a web browser.
- Type http://home (or 192.168.2.1) in the address bar and then press Enter on your keyboard to access your modem’s settings.
- Click Speed test.
- If prompted, enter the administrator password. Unless you have changed it, the default password is admin.
- Select Block all local network activity to temporarily disable network activity that could impact the results.
- Click Start test.
- The following message will appear. Click Continue
Note: This will disable your Fibe Internet for the duration of the test.
- Wait for the speed test to be completed.
- Review the results…
If you selected to block all local network activity, the measured download speed should be about the same as the Internet service youʼre subscribed to.