Older security standards can limit speeds over a network. Use the default WPA2-PSK (AES) security type for optimal network protection and Wi-Fi performance.
To verify Wi-Fi security:
- Open a web browser.
- Type http://home (or 192.168.2.1) in the address bar and then press Enter on your keyboard to access your modem's settings.
- Click on Manage my Wi-Fi.
- If prompted, enter the administrator password. Unless you have changed it, the default password is "admin".
- Click on Advanced settings.
- Verify that the security type is set to WPA2-PSK (AES). If it is not, please select it.
- Once all the changes have been made, click Save.