Follow these easy steps help you to set up the Bell Aliant Dial-up service on your Windows XP computer.
What you need before you start
- A telephone modem installed and working. If you are not sure if your computer or laptop has a telephone modem installed, consult the documentation provided by the manufacturer or contact the manufacturer directly.
- Your Bell Aliant username and password. If you don't know your Bell Aliant username or password, you can contact us at 1-800-425-4268.
- The local dial up number. Please note the number as you will need to use it later.
Follow these easy steps
- From the Windows Desktop, choose Start > Settings > Control Panel
- Switch to Classic View, if not already done, by clicking the Classic View selection on the left side of the screen
- In the Control Panel, double-click Network Connections
- In the Network Connections window, click Create a new connection
- Click Next
- In the Network Connection Type list, select Connect to the Internet
- In the Getting Ready list, select Set up my connection manually
- In the Internet Connection list, select Connect using a dial-up modem
- In the ISP Name field, type Bell Aliant Dial-up
- In the Phone Number field, type the local dial up phone number.
- This step applies only for some XP platforms. If the Connection Availability list is displayed, Select Anyone's Use to allow everyone using this computer to use the Bell Aliant Dial Up connection. Click Next
- In the Internet Account Information section, type your Bell Aliant account information
- In the User name field, type your Bell Aliant username
- In the Password field, type the password for the Bell Aliant username you specified
- In the Confirm Password field, re-type the password for the Bell Aliant username you specified
- Click Finish